Thursday, November 11, 2010

How to restrict the number of global connections to my router?

I have a Linksys Wireless-B router, and I seem to be having problems using any BitTorrent downloader client for any length of time. I've troubleshot it, and it appears that a fix is to limit the number of global connections to my router to 200 or less - but I can't find how to do that in the router's manual or in the troubleshooting for any BitTorrent clients I can find. Can anyone tell me how, please?How to restrict the number of global connections to my router?
You need to limit that in the bittorrent client.



If you are using uTorrent or BitTorrent (they are identical), the setting is at Options%26gt;Preferences%26gt;Bandwidth - ';Global maximum number of connections';



Screen shot in this guide

Optimizing ē¢ŒTorrent for Speed

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/How to restrict the number of global connections to my router?
I have no idea how to fix that, but hit up Google with a problem like that before you stick it on Yahoo Answers.



However, you could try limiting your upload speed, by hitting ctrl+p inside of BitTorrent. You might also try uninstalling your current torrent client and switching to something else such as uTorrent.



Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment