Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I connect my Wireless Linksys router to my computer and ISP modem?

When my cable modem is directly connected to my computer via Ethernet cable, the connection is flawless. The problem is using the internet wirelessly for my laptop. I no longer have a cd-rom drive to install the cd, is there any way to still use this router?How do I connect my Wireless Linksys router to my computer and ISP modem?
Just download the user manual from the manufacturer's web site and it will tell you exactly how to set things up without the software.How do I connect my Wireless Linksys router to my computer and ISP modem?
You sure can!



Connect the laptop to the wireless network ';linksys';

After you have connected to the linksys network, in your browser open up http://192.168.1.1



if that address doesn't work, you can try http://192.168.0.1



Either of those two addresses will take you to the Linksys login screen for your router

Default username:%26lt;blank%26gt;

Default password: admin



Once you're in, you should be able to configure the router for whatever you plan to use it for :P
you don't need the CD to create a WLAN connection with your router.. but you have to configure your router first by connecting it to your PC via ethernet.. without knowing your level of expertise in this area.. i can't give you directions on how to do it... and I also need your router's model number cuz the configuration depends on the manufacturer %26amp; the model. but generally with home routers.. wireless configuration is pretty simple.. you don't need an IT degree to do it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment