Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you set up a password for a wireless router?

I have a Linksys Wireless Router and my wife's company requires her to have a password protected wireless router and even though my computer is hooked up to the wireless router with a cable I need to have my other laptops to have a password. My question then is how do I create a password on my Linksys wireless router?How do you set up a password for a wireless router?
Securing your Wireless Network



Link below will guide you through the process.



Good LuckHow do you set up a password for a wireless router?
When you installed the router something should have appeared on the screen giving you the option to create a password and a name for it.
Access your wireless router configuration using your browser



Open your web browser, type '; http://192.168.1.1/ '; into the address bar and hit ';Enter.';

Use ';Admin'; as the username in the pop-up box and leave the password blank.

.



Under the ';Wireless Security'; option, enter a passphrase and click ';Generate.'; This will generate a password which will need to be used by any client connecting to your router.





Good Luck




No comments:

Post a Comment