Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I change the security setting on my router?

I have a Linksys N Ultra range router. It is up and running and can be found but neither of my computers nor my phone will connect to it. The password is right, so I am guessing that I made the security too high. I chose the highest setting. How can I change this?How can I change the security setting on my router?
1. In your browser type 192.168.1.1

2. Enter your security info for your router to log into it

3. Click the button that says Wireless

4. Choose the sub-option that says Wireless Security

5. Choose security mode

6. Save settingsHow can I change the security setting on my router?
log into the router. you have to plug the default gateway number into the internet browser address bar of a computer connected to the router, either directly, or wirelessly.
just to add to the above to answers

you maybe able to reset the router to default settings (factory) just unplug it for a few minutes

turn your pc's off and plug your router in wait till its up and running and then turn on pc's
Setting security on a wireless router can be tricky for someone inexperienced at it. I recommend that when installing a new router, first install it with no security and test it to make sure that you can connect. Then implement ONE MORE security setting and test it again. Continue adding all the security ';bells and whistles'; ONE at a time and testing it until you get all of them working.



To reset the router back to factory defaults, look for a small hole on the back with the word ';Reset'; next to it. Straighten a paperclip, and stick the end of it in the hole until you feel a button click. Hold it in for 30 seconds and then let it go. The router should then be reset, and you can start re-configuring it per above.

No comments:

Post a Comment