Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I get my computer to recognize my Linksys wired router?

It stopped recognizing it after I disabled my local area connection for a second (because I was testing something) but when I re-enabled it my computer wouldn't recognize the router not even after I tried to do the installation with the disc that it came with.

I have a Befsr41 v.4.3 wired linksys router.How can I get my computer to recognize my Linksys wired router?
If you have tried resetting your computer and router, you probably have to do a MAC address clone. My guess is your computer sees the router, but you are only connect to your local network and not the Internet. In that case, you need to find your MAC address of the computer that cannot connect to the Internet. You find that by doing the following:



In XP:

Click Start

Click Run

Type the text below

cmd

Press enter

Type the text below:

ipconfig /all

press enter



In Vista:

Click Start

Type the text below:

cmd

press enter

Type the text below:

ipconfig /all

Again, the physical address is your MAC address. Clone this in your router.



The physical address is your MAC address. You need to clone this in your router.How can I get my computer to recognize my Linksys wired router?
a little knowledge is a dangerous thing in this case
Restart both router and the PC. If the problem is not solved yet check all settings in the router including ISP information.

No comments:

Post a Comment