Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I hook up my speed stream dsl to a lynksys wireless router?

We have a ps3 that is a bit far for a cable. A friend gave us a lynksys wireless b router. We are connected with DSL through a speed stream. I have tried to go through my speed stream to the router and out to the processor but, it will not connect online when I have it hooked up like that. Do I need to change a connection setting?How do I hook up my speed stream dsl to a lynksys wireless router?
link sys uses http://192.168.1.1 to get to the config page

default login and password are both admin... if that doesn't work you more than likely have to reset the device. There is a hole to poke a a paper clip thru, usually in the back. Do this and try the admin thing again.



do not forget to change the password so it is not admin... don't use real words %26amp; make sure it is at least 8 alphanum char (I hate it when I find out I get into an account b/c somebody uses the word password)How do I hook up my speed stream dsl to a lynksys wireless router?
most likely you need to set your DSL user name and password in the router administration area to access your provider.



Try typing http://192.168.1.1/ into a browser on your computer attached to the router. there should be an area to set log-in stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment