Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I connect my motorola modem to my linksys router?

I have a linksys router and recently moved into an apartment. I have the modem from SBC which is a motorola modem. But I am not sure how I can connect everything so I can use my laptop wirelessly. I moved from my parents house where I connected my router to my parents computer to get on the internet. But now I am not sure how to connect it with no other computer or a phone line.How do I connect my motorola modem to my linksys router?
connect a phone line from the phone jeck into the modem. connect the ethernet line from the modem to the linksys ethernet port.



(The linksys wire lesss router has 5 ports 4 are beside each other other and one is little fit further away it is called internet. connect in this) you will see the internet line in you router turn on.



Than if you have a desktop you can connect the blue ethernet wire that you got when you purchase the linksys to one of the 4 ethernt ports in your router and than to the ethernet port on your desktop



to set up wireless for laptop, you need more than router.

you need an adapter for laptop. you need to install this to your laptop and than you will be able to connect wirelessly



for more infor and help you can contact linksys online free chat support.



i will provide you with the steps below



here is where you can get help from



got to



http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite



Than scroll your mouse to where it says support. when you place your mouse on support it would display two options



1 techincal support

2 custermer support



click on techincal support

you will be taken to another page. on left had side with blue shade there would be list of ways you can contact linksys

click on live chat



this will take you to another window where fill out few thing prior to chatting. you would be asked to fill your first and last name, email and phone number, (the reason they ask for phone number is because, if you get disconnected they will call you and help you via phone) than you have to choose which product you want support off.



in your case it would be first one. that is wireless routers and gateways



after you picked that one you would be asked to provide your model number



you can find this number on the back of you router



after that you will be asked to provide the version number



you can find it beside the model number it would ver. than younumber



than simply click on submit request.



you might have to wait for some time but at least you would get the proble solved.



o also make sure you use a wired computer. that the comuter that is wired to your router



if you don't have desktop just connect the blue ethenet wire to the ethernet port in you laptopHow do I connect my motorola modem to my linksys router?
connect the cat 5 cable from the modem to the router...



modem out to router ';wan'; or ';input'; or something similar.. and you should be golden
just plug it in. I run two laptops off cable internet. If you really do not know how to hook it up when the people come to install your internet ask them for help.
I have the same type of modem and router..all you do is pop in the CD that came with it and follow the instructions exactly...but you have to use Ethernet and not the usb cable!

No comments:

Post a Comment