Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I connect my ps3 to my wireless router?

I have a Mac and a Netgear router, and I can't get my ps3 to connect. I would rather not have a 30 foot ethernet streaming through my house. How do I get this wireless to connect? I've heard lots of issues with the ps3 connection... Any tips?How do I connect my ps3 to my wireless router?
I have a px and a netgear router.All i did was make sure my router was hooked up correct and then go on your ps3 and adjust the settings.the settings may change on your router.Or you may have to update your router.How do I connect my ps3 to my wireless router?
very easy. so im guessing you wireless is already connect and working. if not then you need to set that up. but after you do that turn on your ps3 go to setting thene go all the way down to network setting then go to the 3rd option down(internet connection settings) press got to custom then click wireless then scan then pick which ever one is yours then if you have a sucurity setting( None WEP WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK) for that you have to look at the sucurity setting for you router thene if its none then ur good to go but if its a WEP key just enter the password or for WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK just enter the password. Then from there you shouldbe good but if not then you have to change some setting with your router.



Hopes this helps
Simply set your router to broadcast your SSID, know what the password is. Go to your PS3, go to the far left on the XMB just before users, go down to network settings, ';set up new connection'; scan for a network, select your network and follow the straight forward instructions on connecting.



If you need further help here is the official help guide from Sony

http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/



PS3 has no known issues for connecting so if that doesnt work its most likely your router. I use netgear, have no problems. I used Linksys before and had tons of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment