Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I connect another computer with Cox using a wire router?

I have a computer that uses a modem and I want to connect another computer in the same house with a wire router. How can I do this? I don't want to pay for another modem because then Cox will double my monthly payment.



The new computer has an Ethernet port, but apparently won't work with a wireless router according to the previous owner.How can I connect another computer with Cox using a wire router?
You bet...



You can pickup a relatively inexpensive wireless USB adapter and Wireless Router(I recommend Linksys) at Best Buy or Staples.



You can connect as many computers as you like. Right now I have 2 laptops, a desktop, an Xbox 360 and am letting my neighbors on to my signal too. I'm only using the 1 modem.How can I connect another computer with Cox using a wire router?
Get a wireless router.



Get a wireless card for the other computer.



Plug the current machine into the router with an ethernet cable.



Connect the second one wirelessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment