Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I set a password on my wireless router?

I recently set up a D-link DIR300 wireless router and want to set a password so no neighbours can connect to my internet. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help me with this it would be great.How do I set a password on my wireless router?
when ur connected wired or wireless on your router, you will see connectivity on ur right lower corner, double click on it, on general tab click on details and look for default Gateway address. open internet explorer and type that address in address bar and press enter, window will pop up for user name and password you can find that on your d-link user manual. then u will be able to see router's setting look for wireless security, look for authentication depending on your router software set a WPA or WPA2, or use custom pass phrase, there is two kind of key but usually ppl use 10 digit key. you can put accordingly and then save or store settings. you will disconnected look for ur wireless network you may have name it something then click connect you will asked for the key there you can enter the key and now who ever wants to connect will required those keys. well i tried to help and hope that works, settings are different in all routers but i just mention the stuff you need to look forHow do I set a password on my wireless router?
A router password only stops access to your router's configuration page from YOUR computer only.



You need to set up WEP encryption at the least...WPA would be much better.



http://192.168.0.1/ should get you into your routers config page.

No comments:

Post a Comment