Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I hook my wireless router up to clearwire?

I saw a picture thing that describes kind of how it works. It shows the clearwire modem right next to the computer and then the wireless router connected to it. My clearwire modem only receives a signal in a different room from our computer. Can I hook up a wireless router from in the other room? If so how do you do it, because looking at the modem now I don't understand where or how Im going to plug it in.How do I hook my wireless router up to clearwire?
For Clearwire

You need a Wireless G Router.

You plug the Ethernet cord from your Modem into the Router, Instead of into the PC,

Then you go from the router to your computer.

and get it all set up.

(:How do I hook my wireless router up to clearwire?
keep the modem in the other room. plug it into the router the one in the wall plug it into the router and there you go.

Report Abuse


You plug your modem into the WAN port of your router. Then you plug in any PC you want to phyiscally connect to the internet through the LAN ports.



It sounds like the PC from the other room is directly connected to your modem, you should take the cable out of the modem and put it into the LAN port. You might need an additional cat5e cable if the router didn't come with any, but plug an additional cable from the WAN port on the router to the modem.



If you want wireless connections you will have to set it up. You can usually access the routers software by going into internet explorer and typing in:

192.168.1.1

or

192.168.1.2

Depending on your router brand...

Defaults are usually

User: Admin

Password: Password



There will be an option for wireless settings, if you don't know what you're doing I would say don't implement any security settings. You should be able to connect to the wireless network fine from there.
You really did not explain how you were connected to the Clearwire modem now. I am going to assume that you have a cable between the modem and your computer



So unplug the modem from the cable

With a new patch cord connect the modem to the WAN Port on the router

Plug the cable going to your computer into one of the LAN ports on the router

Access the router using your browser

Clone the MAC ID of your computer

Save the settings restart the router

you should be up and running



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment