Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I configure a router without connecting to it?

I only have one old wireless adapter and I guess i configured the Linksys router's security too high, now I can't connect to it with the adapter, is there any way I can log in to the router without connecting to it?How do I configure a router without connecting to it?
Try by resetting the router. hold the reset button down with a paperclip for about 10sec. This will reset you routerHow do I configure a router without connecting to it?
you can push the ';reset'; button on the back of the router and everything will be set to default and all security will be removed then you can use your default address to access your modem using your wireless card. Eg. 192.168.0.1
Plug your PC directly in to one of the Ethernet ports on the router. Wired connections don't use the wireless security settings. That will be faster and less painful than resetting the router to the factory defaults as others have suggested.
You should be able to log into the router without connecting to it using your administrative password. You shouldn't have to be connected to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment