Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I connect to my router without going on the internet?

I may have messed up some of the properties on my router so now I can't get on to the internet, but if I was able to access my router I could change all that back. The problem is I can't access it without going on the internet, right? I think I changed the obtain ip address automatically to static ip address. Now I cannot connect to my normal network. Please help.How do I connect to my router without going on the internet?
You're a little confused.



Forget what you're thinking, because it's not the right way of thinking about it.



What you need to do is the following:



Find the little reset button on your router -- its probably on the back and you may need to use the point of a ball point pen to fit in the hole where the switch is located to push it.



Now, press and hold that reset button for about 30 seconds to reset your router back to factory defaults.



This is about the only way you're going to get back on to your router.



Good Luck!



Annorax64How do I connect to my router without going on the internet?
hiya no you have to be on the internet .. however the easiest way to sort things out is ring up your isp provider and ask them to reset your settings.. or we found that ringing up like netgear or belkini who ever made your router are more knowledable, we rang out telephone company and they were useless to be polite, we rang netgear in america local call from uk and they were brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment