Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I link my two computers together from the router and the main network?

I just got my router and my laptop and am trying to sync the laptop to my main internet box connected to the desktop. How can this be done?How do I link my two computers together from the router and the main network?
You're question is a bit confusing. What are you trying to do?



Where I'm lost is what you are trying to 'sync'. Do you have public folders on your Desktop that you would like to access via your laptop?



The simplest way would be to:

1) physically connect your laptop to an open LAN port on the router or

2) connect via wireless 802.11.a/b/g/n to your router.



Then if you have configured your Desktop to have a domain/workgroup you should be able to network to that desktop, browse to the folders that are allowed to be seen and copy/access anything you want (again within user availability/permissions).How do I link my two computers together from the router and the main network?
Also you can connect with crossover cable. http://ethernetcablewiring.com/category/ethernet-crossover

Report Abuse


You might be able to do it via a USB cable, otherwise an ethernet crossover cable is standard, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_cr
You will need to get a LAN cord (Local Area Network) this might also be referred as a tcp-ip cord

No comments:

Post a Comment