Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to figure out your wireless router's username and password?

I need to figure out the username and password for my wireless router. On my old router they were on the back, but not on my new one. I need to change some stuff on it, cause I'm trying to get it to work for my Xbox.



Thanks in advance.How to figure out your wireless router's username and password?
Go to the manufacturer's website, click on support, download the documentation for your router. Read it.How to figure out your wireless router's username and password?
If you can't remember the username and password for your router, you ought to be able to reset it to factory defaults. Most wireless routers have a reset button that, once pressed and held for 30 seconds, causes the router to revert to the settings it had when it was shipped from the factory. This means IP address as well as administrator password.



Check the documentation (it's online at the vendor site if you don't still have the hardcopy). It will give the username (likely ';administrator';) and the password (likely ';password';) which will then let you adjust the settings.
I'm an IT guy and this is a frequently asked question from some of our clients. The best way is to go to http://www.routerpasswords.com/ and there you will find all your answers.
the defaults are typically

UserID: admin

Password: admin or: password



but it depends on your router. Check with google for an owners manual.
Call the manufacturer of the router. They should be able to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment