Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I hook up my router to the modem that is connected to a desktop computer?

My desktop is connected to my cable high speed modem. My router needs to be plugged into the modem where the the modem is connected to the computer. Now where do I plug in my router?How do I hook up my router to the modem that is connected to a desktop computer?
you have to insert the cd first (most router have a cd that says ';run this cd first'; if not put the ehternet cable coming out of the modem to the router that saty internet o wan and connect a ethernet to the computer and to the router where is says 1How do I hook up my router to the modem that is connected to a desktop computer?
Plug the cable that is currently coming from your modem and going into the computer straight into the router, then run another cable from the back of the router to your PC.
Ok, cable modem goes to router, then router goes to pc.
is your modem connectted to your PC via a network cable or USB cable? If the are connectted using a network cable do what the answer 1 says it it use USB cable then you are stuck. Return you router to the shop and get your money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment