Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I set up a router to automatically disconnect connections after so long?

I don't think that this feature is built into all routers, so if there is a recommended router to do the job, please let me know.How can I set up a router to automatically disconnect connections after so long?
I wonder ... if you set the timeout for the IP address to be given to the client. Then maybe set an option to not renew the IP. Theoretically that would work, so you could set the time for the IP address to be valid, and then it wouldn't automatically give them a new one. hmmmm .... I am sure there is another way.



ChadHow can I set up a router to automatically disconnect connections after so long?
Hmm.. I had the problem that my DSL Modem was left switched on all the time and everyday the router would stop responding because my ISP reset my connection..



I fixed it by getting one of those timers that turn power on and off, and setting it to switch the router off for a few mins in the middle of the night when I was asleep..



Timer 拢3 or new router 拢60!



Satisfaction at beating our ISP.. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment