Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I get my wireless router to do this?

I have 2 routers.



My modem/wireless router is on the other side of the house. I am asking how it is possible for my 2nd wireless router on this side of the house to pick up the internet from the 1st router and plug my XboX into the 2nd router and it works.



All I did was plug the 2nd router into the wall, but I don't know how to tell it to pick up the internet. Can I?How can I get my wireless router to do this?
Assuming your main wireless router also hsa some ethernet ports available (they look like phone jacks on steroids), running a network cable from the first router to the second router's uplink port should do the trick. Otherwise you need to be looking for a wireless repeater - U think I've seen those, but I've never used one.How can I get my wireless router to do this?
The only way to do it is to run an ethernet cable from the main router(the one with signal from ISP) to the other router.

No comments:

Post a Comment