Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I connect my computer to the Internet from a router in another room?

I have a router set up in my house but it's connected to my moms computer and my computer is in another room. How do I get connection on my computer but using the same wifi/router? And it's not a block. I'm possitive.How do I connect my computer to the Internet from a router in another room?
Get a wifi adapter for you computer in your room. Or run a cable. Usually running cables is either hard (if you go through walls) or makes your parents annoyed (if you go outside the walls) or both (if you parents don't like you drilling holes in their walls).



So a Wifi adapter is probably your best choice. Get a USB adapter because they're easier to install and you can attach it to a USB extension cable and move it around to get the best signal.



Any one of these should be fine:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis



Oh, yeah, and if you already have a Wifi adapter in your computer, just use it. :-) I'm assuming you don't have one, or you probably wouldn't be asking the question.How do I connect my computer to the Internet from a router in another room?
Enable the WiFi on your machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment