Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do i connect my Linksys router to my modem and my computer?

Ok, I know how to connect it but I still cannot access the internet. I have the modem connected to the router and the router to my computer. All the lights are on (Ethernet, Internet, Power, etc...) so the connection is ok... I think it has something to do with the IP address. Please help!How do i connect my Linksys router to my modem and my computer?
i sorry but i thank i know for to e mail here is person to email wolves75@mchsi.comHow do i connect my Linksys router to my modem and my computer?
But do you have a wireless modem on your computer? You might need something like a Logitech 2.5 GHz (or wahtever) to be plugged into your USB port.
The first time you connect your wireless modem to your router you want to reset the modem by unplugging it and then waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Then wait another 30 second till it completely starts back up then plug it into your router then plug in your router. That should fix it since thats the problem 9 out of 10 times
make sure the modem and the router are nit using the same subnet. I think Linksys uses 192.168.1.1 as it's address by default. Change it to 192.168.11.1, save the configuration then power off and restart everything, including your computer. The next time you connect it will assign a new address to your computer that will not conflict with the modem. You will have to connect to 192.168.11.1 to get to your router's configuration screens after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment