Thursday, November 11, 2010

How far away from a router can a powerline ethernet network run?

Im looking to purchase a set of plugs so that I can use them for my xbox live which has an ethernet port. If these powerline plugs can support my needs then I dont have to send a forest of wires through my living room. My room is around 8ish metres away from the router.How far away from a router can a powerline ethernet network run?
The standard for Ethernet cabling is not more than 100 meters, or a little over 300 feet.How far away from a router can a powerline ethernet network run?
That should not be a problem with latency or signal degradation at 25 feet as long as the cable is not exposed to a lot of noise through motors or microwave transmissions, etc....A network does require repeaters or hubs after 100 feet between nodes (I believe).
Anywhere in your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment