Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I make a wireless router work?

I want to hook up another computer to the internet. I have one already connected via a cable modem, and my provider told me that I would need a wireless router to give another computer access. What would I need to do to achieve this?How can I make a wireless router work?
It's easy. Buy the router. On the back of the router there should be several plugs -- most labeled ';LAN'; and one labeled ';WAN';. Disconnect the wire that goes from your cable modem to your computer and instead connect it from the cable modem to the WAN port on your router. Then take a new wire and connect it from the LAN port on the router to your computer. Each remaining LAN port on the router can be used to connect an additional device. If you want Wireless, just turn it on or off in the router control panel (usually located at http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 -- see your router manual for details/passwords)How can I make a wireless router work?
buy one, follow manual. Routers are not all the same. some use a so called easy setup CD, Some make you enter a number into your web bar to configure it. you will also most likely need a usb device for the new comp so it will recieve the signal and work.
  • best web host
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment