Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I get my wireless router to work without ethrenet connected to my computer?

I have a Netgear DG834Gv2 wireless router and I managed to get it working as my modem via the ethrenet cable, but how do I get it to actually be wireless. My laptop has built in wireless.How do I get my wireless router to work without ethrenet connected to my computer?
it should already be broadcasting a signal. If its not, then look on the box for a switch. If there is none, see the users manual and try to change the router settings. Go to your browser and type in 192.168.x.x or 127.0.0.1 based on your manual to see how to access the settings.How do I get my wireless router to work without ethrenet connected to my computer?
First step, download the manual or open it up and find out how to change the settings. The router must be broadcasting the signal (thats 1 setting that has to be checked), and it may also be hidding the SSID from public view (another setting you need to check). IF you are sure that wireless is active, and you know the SSID, then you need to set up your laptop under the wireless connection to ';find'; the router via it's SSID. Windows will do this automatically in most cases.



For that router, the IP address is 192.168.0.1 Reset the device via the small pin hole in back (using paper clip or something) if you do not know the user name and password, then enter user name %26gt; ADMIN and password of %26gt; Password.



If you do not know the SSID, or if the SSID or signal is not set to broadcast, then you will need to hook up via ethernet



Another setting you may need to check is if the router is broadcasting in ';B'; or ';G';, and set the router according to your laptop's wireless card.
You have to call the Company name of your wireless router. i just spent 2 days with my mom trying to figure this out... They will give you the correct IP to connect through the Wireless router to your laptop.
Make sure the wireless connection in your laptop is active. Click ';start'; Then highlight ';connect to'; and then click ';show all connections'; Your lan connection and your wireless connection will then appear. It will say under them if they are disabled. If your wireless connection says disabled, then click the icon and select enable.

No comments:

Post a Comment