Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I set up a wireless internet router to my home computer?

I've got a cord in the modem to the router, and a cord from the computer to the router, and it's plugged into an outlet.

The computers internet works, but no wireless. Whats wrong?How do I set up a wireless internet router to my home computer?
if your computer has a wireless card, you can go to start%26gt;Connect to%26gt;click on your wireless routerHow do I set up a wireless internet router to my home computer?
By default, I wireless router once hooked up will transmit a wireless single once the connection is established with a desktop via an ethernet cord (sounds like you have this part down). Usually, when you can't connect to a wireless router, the problem is with the laptop/remote computer you are useing. Are you sure your laptop is turned on for wireless connections? Some laptops have a switch that turns laptop wirless on and off. Others have a function key like FUNC + F8 to run wireless on. Lastly, look at your task bar on the bottom right and make sure no wireless icons show a red X. If you don't see a wireless bar on the task bar at all, this means you haven't setup the laptops wireless settings. This can be done via the network setup option.



Update: Just looked at one of my favorite websites and there is a tip on how to setup a printer without a print server. Looks like I got most of the details correct so if you could award me with some points that would be great so I can start rating other peoples answers. The link is : http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=6663
Your computer will need to have one of the following in your computer to establish a wireless connection:



1) PCMCIA Card (this is for laptops)

2) USB Wireless adapter (for computers that are not laptops)

3) Wireless capability already built-in by the manufacturer of your computer



If you have one of these, you can go to the wireless settings on your computer, choose the correct wireless network, and connect. If you're not sure if your computer has one of these, speak with a computer expert or contact the manufacturer of your computer.
Is your router a wireless router ? Is the wireless detection on your laptop switched on. some laptops have that functionality turned off by default.

No comments:

Post a Comment