Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I strengthen the wireless router signal in my home?

The internet signal from our upstairs router is weak when it comes to our downstairs laptop. At times, we have to run upstairs and disconnect and reconnect the cords to regain lost access to the internet. The neighbors's internet has a stronger signal than ours and there are atleast 6 of them on the networks list. How can I make our signal stronger?How can I strengthen the wireless router signal in my home?
Imagine a donut ditting over the antenna (with the antenna goiing through the donut hole). The strongest signal is in the direction of the thickest part of the donut - at right angles to the axis of the antenna. Position the antenna horizontal and the strongest signal is downstairs (and the attic). Position it vertically and the weakest signal is downstairs. Push the antenna over.How can I strengthen the wireless router signal in my home?
Colanth's idea of putting the router horizontal/flat increased my signal range by at least 20 feet -- enough to reach my new Nintendo Wii located in my basement. Thanks a bunch.

Report Abuse


Try getting a better connector, don't use Linksys! Get a better router or wireless that can have a furtr meter range. Try newegg.com; one of the world best computer site with almost every computer part. The best thing bout it is that they are cheap.
search on this site . .......www.instructable.com.......just in search type your question

No comments:

Post a Comment