Thursday, October 28, 2010

What type of router do I need and how do I connect the two computers to it?

I just bought a laptop with wireless b/g. I already have a desktop that is not wireless that is connected to the internet via dsl modem. What type of router would be good for a small three level home. The desktop/modem is currently on the top floor. Laptop would be used on lower levels one of which is a basement. Would I need a wireless adapter for the desktop or would it stay plugged into the modem?What type of router do I need and how do I connect the two computers to it?
You could have a wireless router still plugged into your computer and then you can wirelessly connect the other laptop. You could have the wireless router installed on the middle floor for best connection strength all round but this would mean buying a wireless adapter for your computer aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment