Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to i get my router to connect to another router via wifi?

hi,

I am in an area where there is free public WIFI internet but i can't get a good signal because my room is in the basement. Is it possiable to use my router to boost the signal commimng from the public wifi router?





My router is a - Linksys WRT54G ver.7



BTW I can't access any of the public routers settings.How to i get my router to connect to another router via wifi?
You buy a wireless range extender. This is the more complicated and slow way of doing this.



This video shows you multiple options, but toward the end it will show you a better way to extende the range of your wireless. You can even use this technolgoy to get rid of wireless altogether: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9KWdOLgy



You can find a wireless range extender here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis Again, most of these devices replace wireless completely, but if you still want wireless, find one that has the wireless powerline.

No comments:

Post a Comment