Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do i get my wireless router to pick up my computer?

I just recently had to reinstall Vista on my computer so I had to install all the drivers again but I can't get on the internet because my computer won't pick it up. My computer could pick it up before I reinstalled Vista. Do I need to download an internet driver or something? Or a CD that it came with. I have a linksys wireless router. Please help.



I'm using my dad's laptop to ask this.How do i get my wireless router to pick up my computer?
Go to device manager and make sure the drivers for your wireless adapter are installed.

Make sure your wireless adapter is switched on as well.



If you can see other wireless networks in the area, then your home router may be hiding the SSID which identifies wireless routers. You can ';hide'; them to help prevent people from using your wireless router. If the SSID is hidden, you need to manually enter the information for your home router. There are many resources that you can Google that will go through the details with your particular operating system and router brand.How do i get my wireless router to pick up my computer?
Make sure you installed the driver for your wireless card. If you don't have it, go to the computer manufacturer's site and download the wireless driver for your model computer for Vista. Put it on a CD or flash drive, bring it to your computer and install it.
  • rodents
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment