Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do I get router password to host a web site on my computer?

I need to get my router's password so I can host a web site using WAMP. I have a Linksys WRK54G router, and need a guide on how to forward the ports and get the passwords.How do I get router password to host a web site on my computer?
If your box is in the default settings the username will be admin and the password is password. If it is not, you can perform a reset by using a paperclip and holding in the little reset button for 30 seconds. In the linksys manual I believe it says to hold it in for 30 seconds with the power plugged in, then unplug the power (still holding in the reset switch) for another 30 seconds. Then plug it in and it should be at factory settings again and the above user and pass should work.



Once you have logged in it will depend on the firmware version you are using, but you will be able to go into a section that will be called forwarding or port forwarding. There will be boxes that allow you to put in the ports to forward and which IP address on the network you want them to go to. You can then enter in the correct information and save the profile and you are done.How do I get router password to host a web site on my computer?
you can also check out http://router.org/ for default router passwords

Report Abuse

  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment