Thursday, October 21, 2010

How can check if somebody is using my wireless router?

I purchased a Wireless router, I am using the cat 5 from my wireless router to my PC therefore I am not using the wireless capabilities of my router. I would like to monitor the users of my routers? How can I find who is using my wireless router ? If I type ipconfig/all will it tell me who is using my router?How can check if somebody is using my wireless router?
no, login to your router.

If you are using a netgear router, type in Routerlogin.com

and if it asks for password and stuff

type



ADMIN for the username

password for the password.

Than it'll login to your router, it'll show a page with a whole bunch of

tabs, to the left there will be an option that you can press that says

ATTATCHED DEVICES, click that and it'll tell you wat computers

and devices are attached according to the computers name.

so if your neighbors computer is called, DANS-PC it'll say that name as the connected device.

If you dont want anyone logging onto ur router.

add WEP or WPA security.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on how to do this.

It's a rather very simple process though,.

Hope this helpsHow can check if somebody is using my wireless router?
You can access your WiFi router on its IP address (for example http://192.168.1.1) and there must me a tab of connected peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment