Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do I connect a Wireless router to my modem which is already connected to my PC?

Im using an 8M Broadband connection for my PC. I want to use a wireless router to connect my ps3 to the same internet line! Im going to buy a wireless router soon.Just want to know how do I connect it, without disconnecting my PC!How do I connect a Wireless router to my modem which is already connected to my PC?
You disconnect the Ethernet cable from your PC and plug that into the WAN port of your wireless router. Then you turn off the Cable or DSL to Ethernet bridge for 10-15 seconds to allow the bridge to handshake with your wireless router.



Then you can either enable the wireless adapter in your system or connect a CAT6 Ethernet patch cable from your PC's Ethernet card to the wireless router at one of the numbered Ethernet ports.How do I connect a Wireless router to my modem which is already connected to my PC?
Hi,



There is nothing much has to be done. Just remove the ethernet cable running from your modem down to your pc and connect that to the wireless router. Then run a new cable from the wireless router to the PC.





-GoosyGeek
The ethernet cable that comes out of your modem should go into the router's connection input and run your setup CD, follow instructions. then use output ports to computer and other devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment