Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do I access the computer that is connected to my wireless router through my laptop?

I have a wireless router. The wireless router is connected to my DSL modem and my desktop home PC. My desktop is connected to the router physically with an ethernet cable and accesses the internet as such.



I also have my laptop which I use to connect to the wireless router, wirelessly.



My question is, how or can I access my desktop PC to go through files, etc, via my laptop?How do I access the computer that is connected to my wireless router through my laptop?
What you do is Share folders. Go to the PC and right click the folder you want to share (I Normally share Drive C: but if you don't have a sequrity key on the router its not recomened. right click on it the click ';proerties'; then the sharing tab on the display box. click the apporite bothen click ok.

Now go to the laptop then find My Network Places its usually in the Start menu and could be on the desktop. there you will see a folder lke this ';K: on \\PC'; Where K is the folder and \\PC is the name of the pc.How do I access the computer that is connected to my wireless router through my laptop?
Just enable file sharing in both systems. You will be then able to access files in the other system.

No comments:

Post a Comment