Thursday, October 21, 2010

How can you connect after using a router you dont want?

I have a router and noticed my connection is slowed. I unplugged the router and reconnected my modem directly to the internet but I cant get connected. Only if I use my router, will I be able to connect to the internet but I dont want to use a router anymore. Anyways to help me out?How can you connect after using a router you dont want?
Connect Modem to PC



Reset modem: Press RESET button momentarily.



Wait 60 secs.



PC Command Line:



Click [Start] - [Run...] - type: cmd, press [ENTER]



At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) type: ipconfig /release, press [ENTER]



At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) type: ipconfig /renew, press [ENTER]



TEST: Connect to Internet.How can you connect after using a router you dont want?
Run a ethernet cord from the modem to the computer and you'll be connected again!
are there other computers on the network also?

if you must connect through another computer (a computer gateway) in order to connect to the internet, you must have that computer connected to the router in order for you to access the internet

(any other information about your situation would help us diagnose your issue a little better)
If all you did was to remove the router and to connect directly to the modem, and did not reboot, then you are probably still trying to access the IP address of the router and not the address of the modem. Reboot the PC to clear the settings for the router and allow it to get the new settings for the modem.
your router had all your ISP connection info in it (your username and password).. you need to re-enter that information into the internet settings on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment