Thursday, October 21, 2010

Netgear router blinking ORANGE internet light? HELP?

I have a Netgear router and for some reason last night my internet is not working. Everytime i pull up the internet it says ';SERVER NOT FOUND';. On my Netgear router the power light is on and it is a solid green. My like Wi-fi signal or whatever it is, is on solid green. However my i with a ring around it symbol (internet symbol) is flashing orange/amber. I have wireless internet and i already called comcast they said that there internet connection is fine (I know it is to). So it has to do with this router. How do i fix it? I think the Internet symbol is suppose to be green or not on at all. Help anybody? right now i am using my neighbors computer. P.S- i can connect to other wireless internet routers so nothing is wrong with my computer. And i can't call Netgear because my warranty ran out so they won't give me free technical service!

Thanks



XO JAZZNetgear router blinking ORANGE internet light? HELP?
You may have done this already but i would try the simple stuff first.

1. Unplug the routers power source and wait ten seconds and then plug it back in.

2. If that doesnt work, you may have a problem authenticating with that router. So you will have to go to the start menu and then go to connections. Once there, it will show you if your computer is actually connected to the internet and if not you can right click the computer on the bottom right of your screen and choose the repair option. This refreshes your ip address. If that doesnt work, right click on the computer again and choose view available wireless networks and double click on your wireless network and if it prompts you to enter a password, enter the numbeers in brackets on the back of your router.



Hope this helps =)Netgear router blinking ORANGE internet light? HELP?
Call first your Internet Services Provider (ISP) to check your Internet connection statur for them, IF its ok your Internet status at ISP , then, try to trouble shoot your router, unplug powe Adapter then just few second plug it again

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative. If you are facing problem with your Netgear Router Support, You can reach Acetecsupport at their Toll Free No +1-800-231-4635 For US/CA.

Post a Comment