Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do I set up my wireless router with my cable modem to share my internet connection?

I have a Zyxel 660HW wireless router and a standard NTL 250 cable modem. I have connected the modem to the router via an ethernet cable. The internet works if I connect my PC to the Zyxel router via another ethernet cable, but does not work wirelessly - I can connect to the router fine, but it is not sharing the internet connection.

What settings do I need to configure on the router to do this?



Thanks in advance for the help!How do I set up my wireless router with my cable modem to share my internet connection?
I might be missing something.... Do you have a wireless card in your PC?How do I set up my wireless router with my cable modem to share my internet connection?
check the settings that come with the router, probably on a cd.. go into the wireless settings and check to see if you have enabled it, usually the problem is the hexadecimal password, on most new ones its set at

A1 B2 C3 D4 E5. If you have a laptop, check your wireless settings, once it picks up the transmission, you should be able to put in the password.
some routers will require the mac address of the cards that are allowed to connect to it ( security settings)



also have you set up the channel SSID



usually you can point a browser to the deafult ip address to login and configure this you simply type http://192.168.1.1/



you should then from a wirless enabled device scan for available networks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment