Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to configure my router so that I can connect to the internet through wifi?

I am using a cable provider brodband, but we previously used a dial up connection before, and now I am not sure how to configure my router so it can brodcast the brodband connection through the router via wifi... What are the settings for my router?How to configure my router so that I can connect to the internet through wifi?
Some good answers here the only thing i dont see is the rebooting of your modem so you can connect with the proper ip.

I conncted my router to the modem,next i pluged my computer to the router...rebooted and that was it,mine is working fine and i am allso streaming NetFilx movies from my router to the Roku box.

If you need to use a default password the one for Linskys is admin and the one for a NetGear router is password with no username on either.

good luckHow to configure my router so that I can connect to the internet through wifi?
oh... that's easy... turn the computer on... and then turn the wifi on the laptop on... unplug the power to the router... and the cable modem... wait 30 seconds... then plug them back in, wait 1 minute or so... then plug them back in... and the laptop should pick it up with no problems... and oh... you're wifi connection will be the one with the strongest signal. now... if you have any questions... im me at mav2541015. now... that 192.168.1.1 will only work with linksys routers... so... you may or may not need to do that... but eric is right... you need wep setup so no one can access the router but you!
You don't have to do a thing to the router, just turn power off the modem, connect the router via WAN port to the modem (with power off), Turn power on both units simultaneously and wait 0ne minute for boot-up. You can turn on your computer and it should find WiFi connection.
Hi, open your browser and type 192.168.1.1

After this, you will able to login with the default username and password.

No comments:

Post a Comment