Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do i set up my wireless router to share internet on two PCs?

I have a wireless router and I'm hoping to use it to share the cable internet I have on one computer. The router is up and running (I tested for the wi- fi on a device) but my question is how do I connect it to a second desktop PC. I thought of connecting the second PC to the router with an ethernet cable but the cable isn't long enough. Any help is deeply appreciated.How do i set up my wireless router to share internet on two PCs?
Your second desktop will have to have a wireless adapter hooked up to it in order to receive the wireless signal from your router. If you connected the computer to the router with the ethernet cable, it wouldn't be wireless. Just go to any place that sells computer accessories and buy a wireless adapter. It would be a good idea to ask someone at the computer shop which adapter you should get and when you do get one, the directions on how to set it up will be included. Good luck!!How do i set up my wireless router to share internet on two PCs?
Try buying a Cradlepoint wirless router, it will allow up to 12 users to access the internet @ the same time. Actually it turns your whole house into a WiFi zone
get an adapter?
  • is hindu name
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment