Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do I get a wireless router to work on my laptop?

I know there are a lot of questions about wireless routers but I've tried all the advices and it still doesn't work. I have an Acer Aspire 5630 laptop, and a D-Link wireless router. My broadband internet connection works fine when I connect the laptop with a cable, but it doesn't detect the wireless connection (the computer's wireless detecting option is on), I get secure signals from other people in my building, but not from my router. What should I do?How do I get a wireless router to work on my laptop?
enter ur routers config and set it up ... enter ur wireless cards config and make sure the channels match and the standard matches b g whatever ...How do I get a wireless router to work on my laptop?
when you go to the router so that your laptop will access the internet. go to internet explorer and type in the address bar 192.168.1.1 or the other address you used and for the user name and pass type ';admin'; for both. go to wireless and find the setting that is brodcast and make shure that is on and make shure it is transmitting on the b band then go to save settings at the bottom and try it agion wirelessly if it dosent work from there get a new router.
if you have all the things that comes with it then u call the company they'll tell you but its reali easy all you have to do is plug in ur lap top then it'll conect like ';snap'; but call ur company first
the main coaxial cable has to be directly connected to the router. another ethernet cable(blue etc) that comes with the router has to be connected to the router, and its other end should be connected to the external modem (thats wat i have). then there is another ethernet cable(sometimes, its a USB cable, or both. u can use any!) take any of those, connect one end to the modem, the other to the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment