Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do I connect/setup my Apple Time capsule to connect to my router via Ethernet only?

I have WiFi IOT issues between my BT Home Hub and an Apple Time Capsule (I think). I would therefore simply like connect/setup the Time Capsule to connect to my router via Ethernet only. I don't understand which port on the TC I need to use, nor how to set things up through the Airport Utility.



Can anyone assist? Thank you in advance.How do I connect/setup my Apple Time capsule to connect to my router via Ethernet only?
are you going to use the TC as a only a backup option?



if so, then it won't matter which port you use.



if you are going to use the TC to create a Wireless network, then you need to use the single port that is labeled differently then the others (i can't remember exactly what the symbol looks like, but it is different)



then you can setup the TC in bridge mode (which i hate, cuz it always craps out one way or another) or in a DUAL NAT (which works perfectly, but you then have to tell the time capsule to ignore that conflict, but it isn't a problem, it is just not what the average user would use to setup that way)

No comments:

Post a Comment