Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I setup a router to login to our internet connection?

We have one internet connection and two laptops that require internet. Normally we can only use one laptop at a time on the internet, our line requires a login and password, and only one session at a time. I have a wireless router that I'm told I can setup to be logged into the connection, store the login and password in? How do I do that? Any more information, clarification, walk throughs, whatever, is much appreciated.How do I setup a router to login to our internet connection?
Every router is a little bit different, it would be helpful to know what kind of router you have, or at least the brand. I would also help to know the name of your Internet service provider, since they all do things a little bit differently. You ISP can probably help you better than I can, but here's a couple of things you can try:



On the basic setup of your router, you should be able to select a connection type. It sounds like yours is PPPoE or maybe L2TP. With either of those selections, you should be able to enter in a user name and password.


No comments:

Post a Comment