Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I connect to my router?

I have a Airlink101 N Router model #ar670w. My router is shown as hidden. Someone else set up my network. How would I work around the fact that my network is hidden and connect to my router via wi-fi. I need to connect my iphone and laptop to the router.How do I connect to my router?
there should be an option to connect to a non broadcasting network you will need to click that if he didn't set up your computers to the network you will need the wep key as wellHow do I connect to my router?
first click start%26gt;run%26gt; type in ';cmd'; (no quotes)

a black box opens up

type ipconfig /all

look in the list for the gateway address

take this number (usually something like 192.168.xxx.xxx) and put into web browser (hit enter)

this will take you to your router setup page, it may need a password

if no password you want to turn on SSID (make sure you apply once change is made)

you should see your network then
normally you can change it from hidden to free by just looking at the router setup book which came with your router and there it will tell you the website so you can change your settings =]

No comments:

Post a Comment