Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I hook up a dlink wireless router to a Cox Motorola voice modem?

This is my third try with Cox to make my wireless router work with their modems. I have used these dlink routers in other locations and have had absolutely no problems. Yet I can not make them work with Cox. What's the magic trick?How do I hook up a dlink wireless router to a Cox Motorola voice modem?
Piece of cake! Log onto your router, usually http://192.168.0.1 and run the install wizard for the router. It should recognize the modem and connect automatically. If the router lights are flashing as advertized then it is connected to the modem.



Usually the router will work ';out of the box'; but sometimes you may have to run the wireless ';repair'; feature on each of your computers. Right click the wireless icon in the taskbar and click repair to repair the connection. This may not be necessary but it only takes a few seconds. After that right click the wireless icon again, click ';View available wireless connections'; and select your router and click ';connect'; at the bottom of the window.



I recommend encrypting your router signal. Follow the instructions that came with the router.



I've used Dlink for years and also used them on an Army contract to install wireless systems in Army recruiters' offices throughout the U.S. They work great if installed properly.How do I hook up a dlink wireless router to a Cox Motorola voice modem?
look here you shouldn't have bought the dlink cox modem is a picky one I would no my dad just barly got his to work and it is slow as hell you need to get yourself a linksys they work with all and are happy to serve you no matter what. I have had mine for four years two intnet services. They werent cox though but I did use it when dads dlink wasn't cutting it. I hook that sucker up to his cox modem and it was a match made in heaven the thing ran smooth as a babies rear end.

No comments:

Post a Comment