Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I connect to my Router using Intel PROSet Wifi Connection Utility?

I am using a Sony Vaio lap top with windows XP, every time I try to connect to my wireless router, it asks for a device ownership password that is located on the router. There is no code on the router at all, though. I've also tried unmarking ';Wifi Protected Setup'; in the application settings, but it still fails after trying to connect. Any help would be appreciated.How do I connect to my Router using Intel PROSet Wifi Connection Utility?
I'm not sure if this will help, but every time I set up a laptop I have to remove the proprietary wireless connection software and use the generic windows connection software before I can connect to the wireless here at work. Try uninstalling the wireless software that came with it and use the windows network connections software.

No comments:

Post a Comment