Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I make my Belkin router compatible with both my laptops?

Well, I just bought two HP laptops for my nieces, one somewhat of an older version than the other, but both are new. My Belkin router is compatible with only one of them wirelessly, however (the older version). How do I make it compatible to both?How do I make my Belkin router compatible with both my laptops?
Are you just not seeing the router? The standards have not changed enough over the last year that anything should be amuck from that stand point. If you scan from either PC do they both see your SSID of the router? Next, do you have security enabled like WEP or WPA? You will have to configure the properties of the new wireless connection to include that. Finally, if all of that is right, do you have dhcp enabled and enough addresses in the router config? Most of the time 50 is the default number so that would be an odd thing unless you remember specifically doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment