Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I hook up a wireless router to two computers, one being wired and one not?

I have a computer in a bedroom hooked up to the internet and a wireless router. I want to get the internet on a computer in the living room and to our WII but I don't know how to connect the other computer without running a USB cable from the router to it. Is this possible?How do I hook up a wireless router to two computers, one being wired and one not?
If it's wireless there is no port to plug in, the one being wired is not going to work.How do I hook up a wireless router to two computers, one being wired and one not?
Of course it is. You need to know two equally important things: The SSID and WEP Key. The SSID is the name of the router. You can use the Wii to search for your router name. You then need your WEP key. This can mostly be obtained by typing either of the following adresses into your computer internet browser: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0. If it prompts for am password, it will be the following. Username: Admin Password: password1 navigate to the wireless settings of the router to see your router's settings. If Any of these steps dont work, ask me or clarify your question. Best of Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment