Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I get my laptop to connect with my router?

I have just connected a router to my computer but my wireless laptop, finds the connection but the internet explorer I use, (firefox) cannot find the network. How can I overcome the problem and use the laptop?How do I get my laptop to connect with my router?
connected a router to your computer?

--------------------------------------鈥?br>
do you have a wireless network setup on your router for your laptop to connect to?

is that router delivering NAT %26amp; DHCP services to the computers on your internal network?



So in general you have your cable / dsl modem which is supplied by your ISP. Most people have a second device which is a router that intercepts the connection from the ISP, or rather you plug the cat 5 / or telephone cord into the router. The router in turn does network address translation and dynamic host configuration protocol services. It takes the Internet IP given to you by the ISP on one interface and NAT delivers whatever traffic intended to that to devices on your internal network that were configured by DHCP (or static IP addressing if you choose.) Secondly, common home routers have switch ports on the back which you can use to test if you are facing a wireless issue or a connectivity issue. Try cabling the laptop to your ';router'; and restarting the network or rebooting if you must. when you reboot try your HTTP requests through Firefox/IE if you are connected you likely have mis configured wireless or are not connected wireless at all. If you still can't connect try statically assigning the PC an IP on your private network, one that isn't in use. Then restart networking/reboot and try back if you still aren't connected, you likely don't have the configuration i previously mentioned.How do I get my laptop to connect with my router?
Hi



Though your wireless finds the connection the router is unable to provide the IP to your Laptop. First connect the RJ45 or USB cable to your Laptop from the Router. Then access the routers GUI (The address should be somewhat like 192.168.1.1, should be behind your router) and check the wireless and LAN settings. Check if the DHCP is turned on. Check if the settings in the wireless match your Laptop, i.e., the WEP key, or authentication using MAC address, Check if the MAC address saved in the router is as same as the one in the Wireless adapter of your Laptop. This will surely help. Also check if there is any IP address configured in your laptop's wireless card. You can check by going to Network Connections via control panel and then right click on the wireless LAN, click on properties, then TCP/IP properties and check the IP there. If its manually entered then change it to automatic (both IP and DNS).
If you have connected the router to your main computer, get your laptop on internet explorer not mozila, go my network connections , then search for your network, select ur network and connect, name ur connection, set as home use and if your router has a passcode, be sure to type it in. Now if your connection doesn't work, restart ur computer and reconnect. :) I hope I helped byee

No comments:

Post a Comment