Sunday, December 11, 2011

What do I look for in an internet router, and how to set it up?

I want to stay in touch with my friends and cousins stationed overseas, and we spend time together by playing World of Warcraft. My roommates have DSL, and I offered to split the bill if I can use their DSL line. I want to buy a wireless internet router and connector for my computer. What should I look for in a router, and can I get tips on how to set it up?What do I look for in an internet router, and how to set it up?
Basically, routers that supports 802.11g like Linksys WRT54g and a wireless adapter card or USB wireless adapter.



Configure first the router by connecting it to a computer via LAN cable on any 4 port available. There should be an instruction on the manual on how to configure your router.



After doing so, connect the DSL connection cable of your roommate to the internet port of the router, and another cable for his pc.What do I look for in an internet router, and how to set it up?
go linksys. they are the best and easiest to set up. but as with all routers plan on replacing about every 3-4 yrs
Linksys routers and adapters are very good setup is very easy you have to bridge the modem first just call the isp tech support and they can walk you through it some models have a one touch button that sets them up automatically
well, you should consider speed and signal strength output of the router...for small areas wireless g is good, for faster speed and moderate distances wireless g plus, probably consider N or mimo for faster speed or huge ranges...also look for wep/wpa and firewall for security so no 1 will hack into ur network, consider a good brand...i just got so iono about setting it up

No comments:

Post a Comment