Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I connect my Linksis WRT160N router to my Linksis WGA600N gaming adapter?

I'm new to this whole networking thing and I need a little help connecting my router and gaming adapter. I already have the adapter hooked up to what I want it on but I can't seem to figure out how to get the router to talk to it. Can anyone help me?How do I connect my Linksis WRT160N router to my Linksis WGA600N gaming adapter?
Understand that networking is probably the single most challenging thing an end-user can attempt with a home computer so you'll need to do some research, but I'll try and give you a few starter tips.



http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wirel

This page is specific to your WGA600n Gaming Adapter, and has a ';guide me'; function which I'm assuming will give you all the step-by-step instructions you will need. I entered the question ';how can I connect this device to my router?'; and got several viable responses.



http://compnetworking.about.com/od/basic

If the first link is unable to provide you with enough answers, this one should cover the rest. About.com is a great resource and has an entire section of their website dedicated to computer networking (as you can see by the link.) I recommend you follow the link above and click on the ';Home Networking @'; link, which will take you to articles focused specifically on what you're attempting. I have opted to provide you with the highest link, so that you can preview all of the articles.



http://www.waterwheel.com/Guides/network

This guide offers a more detailed approach to hardware. This guide is really not necessary for a basic understanding of networking, but it offers some great details on the specifics of what's happening under the surface.



http://www.windowsnetworking.com/article

This exhaustive 19 part guide will make you an expert on the subject of home networking. If you're really interested in learning about networks and networking, this is the only link you'll need.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment