Sunday, December 11, 2011

How to make sure whether a wireless router is compatible with my modem?

I'm using a D-link modem, and hope to buy a wireless router when I go to China (I'm in New Zealand) as it's a lot cheaper to get it from there, but how do I know if a router is compatible with my current modem?



Modem details:



Model: DSL-502T

H/W Version: A5

F/W Version:V3.00B01T01.TX



Thanks.How to make sure whether a wireless router is compatible with my modem?
You won't have a problem with a modem-router combo, almost all modems are compatible with all routers as long as they both have ethernet WAN ports. I would be more concerned about your DSL modem working on the Chinese ';Internet';. If I were you I would get a hold of whatever Chinese ISP you plan on using when you get to China and ask if your modem will work on their network. And if they do not offer DSL in that area of China and if you are forced to use fiber or cable then you will need a different modem altogether... the router should be the least of your concerns.How to make sure whether a wireless router is compatible with my modem?
the actall device may not be the problem the power adaptor would be... if you can pass that hurtle then not problem
  • black hair care
  • dating to find
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment