Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can I connect a wired printer to my wireless network using a wireless router?

I have a wireless network: a wireless modem connected to a DSL line that connects wirelessly to my computer. My printer has a wired ethernet port. I have a spare router with wireless capability that I could connect to this printer. Without wiring my printer to my modem (they are in different rooms), can I use this router to get my wireless printer to talk to my computer - either via the modem or directly to my wireless card in my compter - whatever is possible. Thanks!How can I connect a wired printer to my wireless network using a wireless router?
If you have a network printer you can get adapters that will convert a wired ethernet port in to a wireless solution. You can also get a wireless print server to connect the printer across the network with no PC needed.



Using the advice above, keep in mind the PC that you want to share the printer from must be on at all times or no one will be able to print.How can I connect a wired printer to my wireless network using a wireless router?
Yes and No. If you use the spare router with your printer, you will have 2 wireless networks. (Don鈥檛 make the mistake of setting both wireless routers with the same SSID, then nothing will work right.) You could do this, but then you would have to switch between both networks, depending on whether you want to print or be on the internet - pretty klugy and bothersome.



Some routers can act as a relay agent, but it not common. You would have to check the setup options. Your best bet would be to pickup a wireless print server.
Unless your printer will accept a wireless card it will not work...You can hard wire it to atleast one comptuer and share the printer on the network. Then every computer on the network can print from the same printer...Very easy to set up and you can find it on microsoft website for setting up a network printer...Thanks
Go to Fry's Electronics store.

Ask two or three different knowledgeable sales people how to do this.

Buy at least two different ways of doing what you want with the understanding that if either does not work for you, you can bring it back.

Read the back of your receipt carefully and follow restrictions completely and to the letter.

Return the components in a ready to re-sell condition for a full refund.
  • simpel cheese cake recipe
  • fix error e9022
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment